Pages

Friday, 16 September 2011

After 100% raw

This week has not been so good.

I have been trying to find the balance between 100% and whatever I need to be at optimal health effortlessly.
And so far I haven't succeeded. With the chosen stress of my boyfriends knee surgery and visiting parents, exciting freedom to go out to cafes and eat ice cream, external temptations and running out of lettuce as well as supplying cooked food for my boyfriends mother has been no small task to try to stay raw.

The day after my raw detox was over my boyfriend took to our favorite cafe where i decided that I felt like a coffee with cream and shared some strawberry ice cream - that was good I will keep small amounts of that.

I now no longer drink coffee and cream is very heavy on me even though through the week I have continued to drink it (not really listening that well am I?)

I continued to keep raw throughout the day at dance until I came home and cooked tea for me and Cameron's mother. I tried to recreate a warm parsnip and pear salad cooked that had been prepared for me raw at a restaurant around the corner.

I should have kept it raw the taste and texture was bland and unsatisfying. I ended up snacking all night on a raw brownie.

And from there it went downhill - eating my boyfriends junk food and even the plastic biscuits I don't normally like or touch eating until I am past full and my mouth feels rough and dry.

I have learnt a valuable lesson.

Cooked food is lethally addictive, unsatisfying, heavy, exhausting, stressful, very easy to get your hands on!

On my to do list is:
Hide my boyfriends stress food(junk food)
Have lettuce on hand
put reminders up to ask myself how I really feel about what I am eating
drink way more water
educate myself more about the five tastes to create satisfying meals
make more raw yogurt (tutorial and pics coming up with next batch)
keep a food combining chart on the fridge
keep the question in my head: Do I want to live my life as a ... eater?
Take time to do yoga, deep breathing and meditation.

Sounds like a pretty good list!

I shall let you know how I tick these off.

On the postive side I have lost half my derriere, am attempting sauerkraut, made a yummy pumpkin pie and nutella, surprised my mum with my genius raw whizz ideas and have got a raw food class to go to next week!

Love to all

No comments:

Post a Comment