Pages

Sunday, 28 August 2011

This weekend

This weekend I have had plenty of time to experiment and get my hands dirty with raw food.
I'm writing this in the beautiful Sunday morning weather of an unusual Wellington weekend. Feels kind of Mediterranean!

With my boyfriends family here I had had little time to try all my new ideas so I have crammed them all into a couple of days. The ideas just started flowing about Friday midday with aspirations to make raw pecan pie, nutella, crackers, bread and find a raw substitute for hot chips!

So far this weekend I have made raw flaxseed crackers (all gone!) Carrot cake, started coconut kefir, Russel James'es Curried Cabbage Rolls (REALLY GOOD!) bought the ingredients for raw bread, and have coconut meat ready for pumpkin pie and pad thai.

I also just looked through my notes and ideas on raw food and thought wow I have enough ideas in there to make my own cookbook! so when I try them all You may see them up here.

And all these creations were happening while my flatmate was making a sickly sweet white chocolate creation, I haven't touched it yet! My resistance is strong and my own yummy raw treats are better.

I better start making the rest of my list and stop longing for an Excalibur dehydrator and a vitamix.


Lots of love life and raw!


Russel James'es Curried Cabbage
http://therawchef.com/therawchefblog/curried-cabbage-pillows

No comments:

Post a Comment