Pages

Tuesday, 23 August 2011

My First Solution

Okay I found my first substitute for a cooked food that I can't live without.
Yesterday at midnight I made my first raw ice cream from Natalia Rose's Detox Diet recipes

Strawberry ice cream that tastes exactly like the real thing! How cool is that?
Here's my picture:

And this is how I made it
 I halved it and it filled an expensive ice cream or gelato container

MAKES ABOUT 4 CUPS

Meat of two young coconuts
Two bags of frozen strawberries (pref organic)
Eight packets of stevia (I didn't do this but put in a bit of agave syrup)
Six organic pitted dates
One teaspoon of organic strawberry extract (I used a vanilla bean pod)
Four cups of ice cubes

Blend all the ingredients and 1 cup of the ice in a high speed blender, add the remaining ice or as much as you need to reach the desired consistency (smooth and flowing) and freeze.

Voila!

You may have to get the icream out about 1/2 hour before you want to eat it to make it softer.

No comments:

Post a Comment